Sunday 29 March 2009

3 plus 1 equals 4

By Amy @ http://www.and1moremeansfour.blogspot.com/

As i sat at work after announcing my 4th pregnancy in 4years absorbing the ashtonished looks on the faces of my colleauges i didn't really panic about the forthcoming arrival that would be making its way in the new year. I mearly shrugged off the comments of ' you must be mad' or'don't you have a t.v?' to answer that question yes i do have a t.v but it is mainly tuned into cbeebies or playhouse disney which is not the best stimulating viewing for any adult. It never really occurred to me that my family was about to grow by 1more.For 9months my lump grew again like it already knew what was going on, poor body it must think that its duty in life is to be pregnant all the time, and slowly but surely baby grew and moved more and it never really occurred to me that baby was ever going to be here. Being pregnant is all i've known for 4years and it was not being pregnant that felt strange. The weeks zoomed by and finaly after getting to 40weeks i realised that anytime now i would be adding another bundle to my family. But still my sleep deprived, i'm a mum of 3 under 3 brain was not computing that i was having another baby, 41weeks came and here baby number 4 was born after a long labour and a bit of a fright due to tiredness from both of us.Babies are so wonderful when first born so warm, so smooth, smelling so strange yet so wonderful, a scent that fills your senses with love and warmth and makes you feel so satisfyed that all the pain and discomfort had produced such a wonderful thing. Lying there as baby was being checked over produced a huge flashback of my other births, my mind swimming in wonderful memories of first glances and first holds and first feeds, spending hours gazing at my new arrival taking in every detail of their face, how perfect and tiny each finger and toe is and how amazing that that little person has been living in my tummy all this time.Fast forward to 3am day one and my eyes open to the sound of crying and then my body registers that i feel like i've been run over by a steam roller and spent yesterday riding a hard seated bike. My shoulders ache, my back feels like rubber, my head is banging and dont even mention my private parts and i look over and see this beautiful little one yelling at me for food it finaly hit me, i'm a mum of 4 under 4.......now what ?!


http://www.babycareangels.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments